Q:Grandma, I am a practicing vegetarian and I need more suggestions to lose weight. I am quite unsure if my diet is complete enough to sustain my daily caloric intake. Any suggestions?
A: Dear R, There are countless men and women who are already began starting to practice the vegetarian diet for various reasons. One reason why the number of vegetarians has increased is due to a shift of food preference. Essentially, the most common factor why people start practicing being a vegetarian is for weight loss. Obesity or being overweight can cause a lot of complicated health conditions. If you are serious in shedding some pounds, try the vegetarian diet for a change.
HOME REMEDIES FOR WEIGHT LOSS (FOR PRACTICING VEGETARIANS)
1. Honey – Mix honey in warm water and drink in the morning. It is one of many friendly home remedies for weight loss (for practicing vegetarians). 
2. Black Pepper, Honey, and Lime Juice – Mix the three ingredients with a cup of water and drink it for 3-4 months twice a day. It is helpful in losing weight.
3. Lime Juice – Mix lime juice with a glass of water and drink it every morning.
4. Tomato – Eat tomato before breakfast. It is a powerful home remedy particularly for those practicing the vegetarian diet.
5. Legumes – Eat raw legumes. Legumes contain fiber, which is like a broom to clean out fatty substances in the intestine. 
6. Smoothies – Drink smoothies that contain vegan recipes such as rice milk, soy milk, orange juice, banana, fresh strawberries, black cherry juice, and raw organic bee pollen. Drink it during breakfast to restore balance and promote weight loss. 
7. Salad for Lunch – Salad made of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cabbage, cucumber, and tomatoes. Steamed or boiled vegetables can also be included as well as whole grain bread and a glass of buttermilk. Roasted cumin seeds, green coriander leaves, a little salt and some grated ginger mixed in the buttermilk. 
8. Bread, Vegetables, and Fruits – Prepare whole grain bread or chapattis. Try steamed vegetables, seasonal fruits except banana and apple for dinner. It is one of many friendly home remedies that can help in weight loss especially for practicing vegan individuals.
9. Durian – Make sure to consume only 1 piece of small durian fruit in the morning. Durian contains high protein, carbohydrates, fats and calories. It is a good source of nutrition during weight loss activities. Fats, carbohydrates, and calories are used as energy throughout the day. 
10. Ginger – Drink ginger tea 2 -3 times a day or you can chew a thin slice of fresh ginger every day.
11. Green Mint – Eat green mint every day, it is known to be helpful in weight loss.
12. Cabbage – Consume a lot of cabbage. This is excellent for weight loss since it contains tartaric acid, which inhibits sugar and carbohydrates from being converted to fat.
13. Carrot juice – Mixing carrot juice with water is another vegetarian home remedy utilized to lose weight. 
14. Curry Leaves – Grind fully grown curry leaves, mix it water and drink it each morning for about 3 months. It is found useful for weight loss and safe for practicing vegetarians.