Q: Grandma, I have skin pigmentation and tried various medicines but it didn’t solve the problem. Any home remedies for washing my face the natural way?
A: Dear K, Washing the face seems like a simple ritual but not for everyone. There are many ways to wash the face using natural ingredients that can enhance complexion. It can be useful in preventing or reducing dark pigmentation in the skin. Try these practical and safe suggestions to get that bright and clear skin.
HOME REMEDIES FOR WASHING THE FACE
1. Aloe vera – This plant’s extract is a good skin lightening agent especially if sealed by a sunscreen lotion before going out of the house.
2. Avocados – This super food is super rich in antioxidants and unsaturated fats. It is also idea for lightening the dark pigments in the face. With milk, it also a good moisturizer. But, make a patch test before applying in the face to avoid the possibility of a severe allergic reaction.
3. Vinegar – This kitchen ingredient is similarly good in lightening the skin tone and making it supple. When diluted with water, it is also an effective cleanser that leaves the skin soft. After use, do not pat it dry with towel; let dry naturally for the moisture to be locked in.
4. Cider Vinegar – This makes a good substitute to distilled white vinegar. Other kinds of vinegar can also effectively lighten skin tone and moisturize it.
5. Eggs White – Beat the egg whites until it becomes frothy. Rub it on the face. Wash it after it has dried up. This is also good in removing excess oil while keeping the face moisturized.
6. Raw Potatoes – The extract from raw potato is also a good skin whitener. The raw juice of potatoes is also known to reduce dark spots. Peel and mash it well and rub it gently on the dark spots, then wash.
7. Onion – This root bulb’s extract can also lighten dark spots. This is done by pulping it or grating the onion. Using a piece of cotton ball, apply it to the dark spots. It can also be mixed with vinegar to improve potency. Do this at least twice a day.
8. Castor Oil – Massaging castor oil in the affected area daily can eradicate the hyperpigmentation while clarifying the skin and preventing dryness too. Do this for at least a month.
9. Basil-lemon – Mixing basil leaves and extracts of lemon and applying on the dark spots can help in treating the marks. Basil is also effective when mixed with turmeric. This is good in treating other skin problems like pimple marks and acne scars.
10. Lemon Extract – Being acidic, lemon juice also works like vinegar; it can exfoliate the dead skin cells to make it appear lighter. Do his every day.
11. Onion-lemon-vinegar Solutio – Make a solution out of these kitchen ingredients. Each can be individually effective in reducing pigmentation. Making a solution out of these three agents can enhance the properties of each ingredient.
12. Milk-lemon-almond-honey Face Pack – A face pack can be made of these four home remedies for washing the face. Apply and leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes, Wash with clean water. Keeping this in the refrigerator can make it last for several days for repeat application daily.
13. Oatmeal-yoghurt-lime-tomato cream – These four ingredients can also make a great facial cream that can lighten skin. Keep it on for half an hour before washing with cold water.
- http://www.dailyglow.com/askquestion/few-simple-home-remedies-to- treat-heavy-pigmentati
- http://www.diyhealth.com/effective-home-remedies-treat- pigmentation-face.html
- http://atreatmentforhyperpigmentation.com/natural-remedies-for- hyperpigmentation/