Q: I am having pimple problem since last 1 month.i used to apply rose water and fuller earth mixture twice a week but no change found..ma pimples do not contain pus but it becomes redish and grow bigger..plz help me out
A: Dear P, Rose water is a mixture of essential oils from rose petals suspended in water. It is a byproduct of distilling rose petals; the water is their concentrated essential oils generally known as rose attar or rose otto. Is rose water helpful for acne? The response is “it depends.” It appears only reasonable that anything you call “water” would hydrate and moisturize the skin bringing it elasticity, it also helps clogged pores drain. Based on some studies, scientists actually tested rose water on healthy skin; however, they found the opposite effect. Rose water did hydrate the skin, but pores got tighter, and sebum production increased. In addition, rose water might be mildly irritating when it is used the wrong way. However it can be greatly effective if is used the right way. I, Grandma am happy to teach you the proper procedure of home remedies using rose water and some other alternatives to fight pimples.
STEPS ON HOME REMEDIES USING ROSE WATER
1. Pour 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of rose water into a clean bowl.
2. Add the juice squeezed from one lemon. This will probably be about 30 ml (2 tablespoons).
3. Set the bowl aside in a convenient place while you cleanse your skin. You will need a clean, soft washcloth and a clean towel.
4. Wash your face with your usual cleanser.
5. Rinse off the cleanser with warm water and pat your face dry with a clean towel.
6. Then place the clean, soft washcloth into the mixture of rose water and lemon juice until it is soaked, close your eyes, and place the rose water-soaked wash cloth over your face.
7. Moisten your skin with the mixture and allow the skin to dry.
8. Wait 15 minutes, and then rinse the residue off your skin with warm water and pat dry again. 
This is the proper procedure when utilizing home remedies using rose water. However, if the rose water is still causing your pimples to become reddish and bigger, discussed below are Grandma’s alternative home remedies for fighting pimples.
1. Tea Tree Oil – It contains elements that can kill bacteria and reduce pimples. You can find tea tree oil in some gels, creams, and oils. 
2. Wheatgrass – Drinking wheatgrass juice can remove toxins that contribute in the formation of pimples.
3. Lemon – Apply a bit of fresh lemon juice to the pimple overnight to diminish its size and intensity. Wash it off with water the next morning. 
4. Potato – Slice a raw potato and place it on top of your pimple. Leave it for 5-7 minutes. It aids with healing as well as reducing the swelling and inflammation of the pimple.
5. Egg Whites – Apply it on face and leave overnight. Wash off in the morning. Egg whites are also used to get rid of pimples. 
6. Cornstarch – When cornstarch is mixed with water, it can be used as a mask to absorb oil and reduces pimples.