Q: Dear Grandma, My cat has ear mites and I was wondering if oil of oregano would work to get rid of them. I’ve heard that oregano can be used also for other ailments aside from being a good spice for pasta.
A: Dear S, Ear mites are just one of many parasites that prey upon pets. Though ear mites are more common in cats, dogs do occasionally manifest infestations of these bloodsuckers in their ear canals. As for your question, if oil of oregano can get rid the ear mites, can definitely say this is effective in getting rid of those bloodsucking parasites.
To show how effective and beneficiary oregano is, not only in your pet but also for you, discussed below are some essential information about home remedies using oregano and these are the following:
HOME REMEDIES USING OREGANO
1. Relieves Cough – Divide the dried oregano into 2 cups and pour on a cup of boiled water. Let it sit for 1-3 minutes before drinking. Do not forget to strain the dried oregano first before drinking it. 
2. Manage Digestive Problem – Drink a glass of milk or juice that is mixed with 2 or 3 drops of the oil of oregano. This method has been shown to calm upset stomach and aid digestion.
3. Alleviate Sinus Congestion – Add 3 drops of the oil of oregano into a glass of juice and drink this mixture daily for 3 to 5 days. 
4. Reduce Sore Throats – Oil of Oregano is an excellent early defense remedy when you feel a sore throat coming on. Simply mix 3 drops of Oregano Oil in a juice or drink once a day for about 5-6 six days and the symptom should disappear.
5. Eliminate Athlete’s Foot – Add oregano leaves into boiling water and let it stay for about 5-10 minutes. Pour the mixture into a basin and soak your feet for 20-30 minutes. Make sure the temperature water can be tolerated by your skin. 
6. Dandruff Control – A few drops of oregano oil rubbed on the scalp at night helps prevent dandruff. Rinse off with a shampoo on the following morning. You can experience a mild warm sensation, which is normal.
7. Get Rid Ringworms and Intestinal Parasites – Sipping a cup of tea with oregano regularly is a proven anti-parasitic method.
8. Tooth Ache and Bad Breath Remedy – Rub a few drops of oregano oil on the teeth and gums after every meal and at bed time to reduce tooth ache and bad breath.
9. Relieve Flatulence and Menstrual Pain – Drink a cup of tea made with oregano to relieve pain caused by flatulence and menstruation. 
10. Control Pimples and Acne – Add two drops of oregano oil to any facial wash when cleaning your face.
11. Relieve Asthma Attack – When oregano oil is rubbed on the chest and inhaled as vapor directly from the bottle several times in a day, it aids to clear the air passage.
12. Ease Skin Infections – Mix oil of oregano into olive oil and coconut oil. Apply the mixture directly into the infected skin for 3-5 days.