A: Dear K, Thinning hair (especially around the crown) and bald spots are not uncommon problems which usually happens due to vitamin deficiencies, fungus infection or excessive shampoo residues on the scalp. There are some practical home remedies that can help you so you won’t spend a fortune to get healthier hair.
EASY HOME REMEDIES FOR THINNING HAIR AND BALD SPOTS
1. Coconut milk – Massage the scalp and hair with coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel. Leave it for ½ hour, and then rinse with warm water. This is one of the best home remedies for thinning hair and bald spots. Repeat 3 times a week.
2. Honey and egg yolk – Massage hair honey with egg yolk into the scalp and. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then rinse.
3. Apple cider vinegar – Rinse hair with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea to help hair grow.
4. Castor oil and almond oil – Mix equal amount of warm castor and almond oil and massage over scalp at least once a week.
5. Capsicum – You can take some water and boil some dry capsicum or red bell pepper in it for about seven minutes. Pepper has certain properties that speeds the growth of hair and also promotes its general health.
6. Indian gooseberry – Take some dried Indian gooseberry powder and apply it to your hair and scalp for about half an hour, before rinsing it off.
7. Arnica – This can be applied to the scalp twice a day in the form of a cream, ointment, or hair rinse made from arnica tincture diluted with warm water. Arnica increases local blood circulation, and may thereby help promote hair growth.
8. Jojoba oil – Apply to the scalp before shampooing and leave on for 20 minutes. It is one of the simplest home remedies for thinning hair and bald spots.
9. Licorice – Licorice also contains a chemical that prevents testosterone from being changed to dihydrotestosterone. You can add licorice tincture or extract to your favorite shampoo.
10. Rosemary – Rosemary has long been believed to keep hair healthy and lush. Add one part rosemary oil to two parts almond oil and massage the mixture into your scalp for twenty minutes a day.
11. Sage – Sage has been believed for centuries to help prevent hair loss. Like licorice, sage extract can be added to your favorite shampoo. Or you can use double-strength sage tea daily as a hair rinse to encourage hair growth.
12. Safflower – This is considered to be a good vasodilator. Massage your scalp with safflower oil for twenty minutes a day to increase local blood flow and stimulate hair growth.
13. Baking soda – Apply baking soda to your wet hair and massage into your scalp for several minutes before rinsing off. This will help get rid of dandruff. This is one of the leading home remedies for thinning hair and bald spots.
14. Olive oil – It is another great ingredient that can help fight dandruff. Massage into your hair and leave in for several hours before rinsing.
15. Vinegar – You can aply vinegar to your scalp before you shampoo, which will effectively remove dandruff .
16. Aloe vera gel mixed with almond oil – It is another one of the recommended remedies for thinning hair. This mixture both soothes the scalp and boosts hair growth. You can also consume aloe vera juice for added hair growing benefits.
17. Whole milk and beer – Combine 3 tbsp. whole milk and 1/8 cup beer in a container, and stir to combine. Gently massage it into the scalp and hair follicles. Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water and washing with a mild shampoo to get rid of the sugars. Let your hair dry naturally.