Q: Grandma, my child is complaining from stomach ache every time she eats a lot. She sometimes suffer from diarrhea and vomiting. I wonder if this is normal in children? Any solutions or relief for this condition?
A: Dear L, Stomach pain is not unusual for children, and a lot suffer tummy aches for diverse reasons. Overeating, oily diet, virus and bacteria are just some of the causes of tummy aches. If such aches happen out of the blue, observe the behavior of the kid within 24 hours. You are going to know when it’s time to call the doctor when the tummy ache is accompanied by either diarrhea or fever. Here are home remedies for stomach ache in children that can give immediate relief.
SAFE HOME REMEDIES FOR STOMACH ACHE IN CHILDREN
1. Ginger – Ginger is a great home remedy for children with stomach pains. Take 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice and mix it with 1/2 teaspoon honey. Let the kid take this at least twice a day to aid ease in digestion issues caused by dyspepsia, colic, flatulence spasm or other pains in the stomach or digestive tract. Be careful because kids ages two and below are not allowed to take such remedy.
2. Buttermilk – A lot of children are not going to like the taste, but, they are going to feel better after they sip some buttermilk. Taking a little amount of buttermilk after eating can help in indigestion. Adding a teaspoon or coriander juice with a half glass of buttermilk can also ease stomach pains. Coriander is also another remedy for tummy aches which is best with buttermilk. To create your own buttermilk, mix one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of milk then let sit for a couple minutes.
3. Salt water – Take a spoonful of salt and add it in lukewarm water then drink it down. To Within minutes, the ache is going to subside.
4. Apples – This home remedy is loved by kids. Take an apple and cut it, but, make sure to not remove the skin. Sprinkle a pinch of ground ginger and sugar on the slices then heat in microwave oven for half a minute. Let the kids eat the apples while still warm and after a awhile, no more ache is going to be felt.
5. Water – Let the kid slowly drink a glass of water. Tummy aches can happen when an acidity imbalance in the stomach is present because of poor digestion of certain food and drinks and in certain combos. Drinking plenty of water can naturally water down this imbalance.
6. Yoghurt – This can help in treating stomach pain, as it gives a cool feeling. The cooling dessert can become a natural relaxing cure stomach ache. For best results, mix it with fresh, cut fruits. 
7. Mint juice – Try to mix a spoonful of mint juice and lime juice in a glass. Then, add some ginger juice and black salt. This drink can give quick pain relief and relaxes the stomach.
8. Massage – With the use of warmed vegetable or olive oil; massage the stomach gently, in circular clockwise direction. For children under three, alternate the massage on bending the knees towards the chest can help with colic, bowel movements and gas.
9. Honey and Cinnamon – Honey contains sugar, carbohydrate and antioxidant. Infants younger than a year old must not be given honey because of the risk of infant botulism. Eating a teaspoon of honey can soothe the stomach. Cinnamon is a natural painkiller due to its prostaglandin-inhibiting action. To stop stomach pain, add cinnamon into the tea.