Q: Grandma, I am a 57-year old white female. I have very oily skin that’s prone to blackheads and whiteheads. I would like a home remedy instead of all the expensive over the counter products. My insurance does not pay of a dermatologist.
A: Dear L, When mature women have oily skin with whiteheads and blackheads it can be quite frustrating and they certainly stand in the way of having youthful looking skin. However, the good news is that there are many home remedies for just such a problem and you won’t have to spend a fortune on skin care products at all.
EASY HOME REMEDIES FOR SKIN PROBLEMS IN OLDER WOMEN
1. Bergamot and other essential oils – Combine ½ tsp. bergamot essential oil, ½ tsp. palmarosa essential oil, ½ tsp. angelica essential oil, ½ tsp. peppermint essential oil, ¼ tsp. myrtle essential oil, ¼ tsp. tolu balsam essential oil, ¼ tsp. elemi essential oil and ¾ cup jojoba oil in a small, dark colored bottle with a tight cap. Shake well and apply on skin with a small piece of cotton Leave on skin for 15 minutes then rinse off with cool clean water.
2. Fruit facials – Just mix up a little fruit pulp (fruit that suits your skin type) and apply it on your face in the comfort of your home. This will help counter excess oil, remove whiteheads and blackheads and achieve youthful skin for older women. 
3. Raw coconut – Grate raw coconut and squeeze milk out of it. Apply this milk on your face and it will give your skin a glowing effect. 
4. Avocado – Simply apply either the pulp or slices of avocado on your face and you skin will get that rejuvenated look.
5. Castor oil – Apply castor oil on your skin, to soften your skin and give it that youthful look. Leave on for ten minutes then rinse with cold water.
6. Lemons – Just applying a few drops of lemon juice mixed with water on your face will give you an astringent for excessive oiliness and can help remove whiteheads and blackheads and achieve youthful skin for older women.
7. Water – The oldest remedy to reducing wrinkles on the face and looking youthful is to drink plenty of water. It makes a difference and it shows!
8. Pineapple – Cut off the core of a pineapple and rub this core on your face. Leave your face to dry for 10-15 minutes.
9. Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) – Make a homemade face pack of multani mitti (fuller’s earth). Take a small bowl and pour some fuller’s earth on it. Now mix a little bit of water and keep on adding to make a firm paste that can be applied on your face.
10. Oatmeal – Prepare a single serving of oatmeal just as you would for breakfast, and mix in ¼ cup of honey. Let the oatmeal cool. Avoiding the eye area, apply the mixture to the face and leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes.
11. Lemon juice and rose water – Mix equal parts of lemon juice and rose water, then apply directly to clean, dry skin. Rinse after 15 to 30 minutes and apply moisturizer. This will help tone skin, remove whiteheads and blackheads and achieve youthful skin for older women.
12. Tea tree oil – To heal a pim¬ple quickly, apply 100% tea tree oil with a cot¬ton swab directly onto the pim¬ple every few hours, and apply vit¬a¬min E oil on the spot at night, about 1 hour before bedtime