Q: Dear Grandma, I have a rash behind my hair in my scalp that itches. It is not very visible and no one sees it. They say I could use baking soda to wash or rinse my hair. I hope you can share some advice.
A: Dear C, There are several remedies you can try to get rid of the rash. Just remember that one of the things you need to do is make sure you rinse off your shampoo very well and leave no residues on your scalp. Shampoo should be used for cleaning scalp but the key to healthy scalp is proper rinsing. To prevent rashes, here are some remedies from Grandma’s cache.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SCALP RASH
1. Olive oil and baking soda – Apply olive oil to scalp and massage. Then, make a paste by adding some water to a tablespoon of baking soda. Gently apply to area with rash and keep it there for an hour or more.
2. Lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, avocado oil and German chamomile oil – Mix equal parts of these four oils, add a little warm water and apply on the rash. This is one of the natural home remedies for scalp rash that you can apply every night for a week.
3. Olive oil and almond oil – Combine olive oil and almond in equal parts and apply on scalp rash.
4. Chamomile tea and rosemary sprigs – Boil three bags of chamomile tea and three sprigs of chopped rosemary. Cool, strain the mixture and use to rinse hair. This tea will help solve your scalp rash problem.
5. Lemon juice – Gently rub some lemon juice on the scalp area with the itchy rash. Rinse after a few minutes. Do not use this remedy if you have been scratching the rash and the skin is broken
6. Peppermint oil – Put two drops of peppermint oil in a cup of water, massage scalp gently with this mixture for a few minutes then wash the hair. This is one of those extremely refreshing home remedies for scalp rash.
7. Apple cider vinegar – Apply apple cider vinegar and leave on for at least an hour before rinsing off with water. 
8. Chamomile oil – Massage chamomile oli on itchy scalp rash. This is one of the oldest home remedies for scalp rash.
9. Rosemary oil – Massage rosemary oil on scalp. This is good for the hair follicles, not just the rash.
10. Extra virgin coconut oil – Apply extra virgin coconut oil on rash. Actually, you can massage your whole scalp with it and that will help prevent rashes from erupting elsewhere. This is a totally natural remedy for scalp rash.
11. Aloe vera gel – Apply aloe vera gel straight from the plant daily after your shower.