Q: Grandma, i have pimples on my face all time. I know its a common problem for teens and we’re really losing sleep over this one. I hope you can share some remedies that I can do at home since I only have school money.
A: Dear P, It is very common for a lot of people to experience pimples all over the face. It is also one of many concerns among teenagers. Pimples are caused by the inflammation of the skin surface and it can be persistent if unmanaged. With that said the factors that cause pimples are either dirt, genetics, stress, hormonal changes or diet.
No person wants to have pimples especially in the facial area; nonetheless, here are some helpful tips that can solve your skin problem.
HOME REMEDIES FOR PERSISTENT PIMPLES
1. Milk and Sooji – Mix milk with sooji to come-up with a paste blend. Then, apply it into the face, wait for it to dry and wash with water gently. What it does is remove the dead skin and pimples on top of the new skin revealing glowing skin underneath.
2. Water – Drink the ideal amount of water at least 6-8 glasses every day to get rid of the toxins inside the body that can trigger formation of pimples especially in the face. It is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for persistent pimples. 
3. Antibacterial Soap – Taking a bath or showering at least twice a day with antibacterial soap reduces body oil, eliminates the build-up of pimples and prevents further skin complications.
4. Mint – Blend fresh mint leaves into a blender and add a glass of water. Put the mint juice all over your face twice a day for at least 30 minutes before taking a bath. Mint is known for its great effects in removing pimples. 
5. Almond – Grind almond making into powder and mix it with milk to make a paste. Utilize the paste as a facial cleanser, rub the face gently and cleanse it with warm water. It helps reduce the oil of the skin and eliminate pimples.
6. Toothpaste – Put a small amount of toothpaste in the pimples. Toothpaste contains sulfur, which result in drying out of the pimples. Just make sure to prevent applying large amounts of toothpaste, it only irritates the skin.
7. Potato – Apply potato as poultice into the face to treat pimples before every bath. Potato is natural and one of the best home remedies for persistent pimples 
8. Olive oil – Put olive oil in cotton swab; gently put on the areas of the face with pimples. It helps in reducing the progression of pimples to form scarring.
9. Garlic – Eating raw garlic cloves are proven to reduce pimples. This is because the natural component of garlic is composed of anti-biotic properties.
10. Aloe Vera Extract – Apply Aloe Vera extract topical solution on the affected areas on the face before going to sleep and rinse it with warm water the following morning.
11. Mustard Powder – Mix mustard powder with honey until it becomes a paste. Apply it only into the pimples for about 15 minutes. Mustard contains salicylic acid that is good in getting rid of persistent pimples.