Q:Grandma, I am a 25 year-old nurse and I have sensitive skin. I am also allergic to sun. My skin easily gets dark when exposed to the sun. I also develop some pimples on my face. I hope you have some natural remedies for my skin condition.
A: Dear A, Acne is one of the most common skin conditions. This is also prevalent in people with darker skin or dark skin complexion. African American individuals are more prone to develop acne. Acne is characterized by scaly red skin, whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples which can result to permanent scarring if left untreated. The formation of scars a great factor as to why the skin becomes much darker or results in an uneven skin tone.
Worry no more! Listed below are proven and authentic home remedies for lightening dark skin while eliminating acne at the same time.
HOME REMEDIES FOR LIGHTENING DARK SKIN AND RIDDING ACNE
1. Black Mulberry – Mix black mulberry and water to make a paste. Apply the mixture and leave on for 15 minutes. Afterwards, peel the mask off. It has beneficial properties that can inhibit dark spots, erasing blemishes, which can brighten the skin. 
2. Lemon – Combine lemon juice, milk cream and honey and rub it into the affected area. Let the mixture soak for about 5-10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Lemon can lighten the dark spots caused by acne and also remove dead skin cells including pimples. 
3. Coconut Water – Apply coconut water twice a day on the face every day to remove acne. This is one of the best authentic home remedies for lightening dark skin while eliminating pimples.
4. Cucumber – Massage cucumber juice on the face and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Cucumber reduces the oiliness of the skin which also prevents acne and at the same time rejuvenates a healthy skin. 
5. Chamomile Tea – Sip a cup off chamomile tea. It is a kind of herbal tea that removes toxins in the body. This can get rid of acne and promote radiant beautiful skin.
6. Aloe Vera – Put Aloe Vera gel or get some gel from the leaf of the aloe plant and apply on the acne affected area. Aloe contains natural herbal remedies that can get rid of pimples and also smoothen the skin.
7. Yogurt and Lemon Juice – Apply a mask several times a week made up of plain yogurt and several drops of lemon juice. Let the yogurt and lemon juice treatment sit for fifteen minutes, then rinse it off with warm water and a soft cloth. It helps eliminate acne, acne scars, and brighten the skin. 
8. Increase Vitamin E Intake – Consume foods that are rich in vitamin-E like leafy green vegetables, fresh berries, apples, cooked artichokes and kidney beans. It can help protect your skin and promote a more even skin tone.
9. Oatmeal, Tomato Juice and Yogurt – Combine the three ingredients to create a thin paste. Apply this paste on your skin and allow it to remain for 20 minutes before washing the mask off with cold water. Use this mask every day until you attain your desired skin tone.
10. Cinnamon and Honey – Mix cinnamon and honey to create thick paste. Use about 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon and add to the honey. Apply on the face and leave on for 15 minutes (or overnight).