Q: Grandma, the area near my anus is irritated and itchy. I am thinking of applying some cream or lotion for the irritation but I am afraid of chemical based preparations that can worsen the condition. Can you share some permanent remedies for this problem?
A: Dear N, Having an itchy anus is indeed uncomfortable and often embarrassing but once the cause of the itch is resolved, the problem should go away. There are many underlying reasons that cause itchiness in that area such as psoriasis, eczema, or even hemorrhoids. For the meantime, you can apply some of these natural home remedies while you haven’t consulted a doctor yet.
HOME REMEDIES FOR ITCHY ANUS
1. Carrot, green apple and ginger – Drink plenty juice made from carrot, green apple and a little fresh ginger.
2. Raw garlic – Eat 3 cloves of chopped raw garlic before breakfast. Take this with a glass of water then eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Do this every day for a whole week.arlic will not only get rid of the worms that cause itching, it will also bring your cholesterol and blood pressure down. On top of that, garlic has anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
3. Enema – Make an enema of warm water (enough for the enema bag) and ¼ cup liquid chlorophyll and use this once a day. This will help clean up after you have taken home remedies for itchy anus.
4. Wheat germ oil – Apply a warm moist pad to the rectal area then spread wheat germ oil.
5. Virgin coconut oil – After applying a moist, warm pad on the rectal area, smear virgin coconut oil.
6. Aloe vera gel and tea tree oil – Apply a mixture of aloe vera gel and tea tree oil to the itchy part.
7. Raw garlic and apple cider vinegar – Eat raw garlic first thing in the morning then apply apple cider vinegar to the anus.
8. Petroleum jelly – Apply petroleum jelly to anus. This will soothe the area – especially the fissures that form from scratching.
9. Castor oil and coconut oil – Smear either of the two around the anus to relieve itching.
10. Almond oil – Almond oil can be applied over the anus to obtain relief from dryness. 3]
11. Witch hazel – Moisten some toilet paper with witch hazel to wipe anus after it has been cleaned. 
12. Aloe Vera – This plant is one of the useful home remedies for itchy anus. Use aloe vera lotion, soap or cream for maintaining a good health of your skin.
13. Margosa or neem soap – You can also use margosa (neem) soap to clean anus.
14. Sandalwood oil – Apply sandalwood oil mixed with coconut oil or sesame oil and massage gently on the affected area. This is one of the useful home remedies for itchy anus.
15. Camphor oil – Add five grams of camphor to 100 grams of coconut oil in a glass bottle. Keep tightly closed and away from the sun. Apply this daily on the itchy area.
16. Apple cider vinegar – Soak a cotton pad in apple cider vinegar and place it on the itching area. You may feel some burning if the area is raw. Keep the soaked cotton pad in place with a sanitary napkin and leave on overnight.
17. Cucumber – Puree cucumber and apply this to the itching area to get relief.
18. Yogurt – Apply yogurt to anus then wash off thoroughly and gently with warm water.