Q: Grandma. I have two conditions that severely affect me every day -high blood pressure and sinus. When I suffer from sinus my blood pressure also shoots up. What remedies do you offer?
A: Dear M, High blood pressure can be a life- threatening health condition if unresolved. High blood pressure or also referred to as hypertension is understood to be an elevated blood pressure exceeding above normal values of 130/80 mm Hg. You can have high blood pressure from reasons such as genetic predisposition, poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, fatigue, stress, and hidden underlying health conditions. If high blood pressure is not medically controlled, it can progress to hardening of the heart muscles, thickening of the major arteries, kidney failure, and damage to the blood vessels in the eye, which secondarily can also cause sinuses to swell.
High blood pressure can be prevented. Discussed below are certified home remedies for high blood pressure:
HOME REMEDIES FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
1. Coconut Water – Drink coconut water regularly. It is a tasty and nutritious drink that can lower the elevated blood pressure. Aside from that, proper digestion is also promoted when this is taken. 
2. Apple Cider Vinegar – Consume a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day for 1 month. This is considered as a certified home remedy for high blood pressure.
3. Vitamin D – Consume food that is rich in vitamin D such as fish, eggs, fortified milk, and cod liver oil. It promotes healthy vascular muscles by helping arteries and blood vessels become healthy.
4. Aloe Vera, Cayenne Pepper, Hibiscus Tea – Mix the 3 ingredients in hot water and pour a few drops to taste. It is a good home remedy to maintain blood pressure.
5. Banana – Eating banana after every meal can help lower elevated blood pressure. 
6. Water – Drink plenty of water at least 8 cups or more in a day. Water is a powerful and the certified universal home remedy to lower the elevated blood pressure.
7. Eat Nutritious Foods – Eat vegetables, fruits, fish, and other healthy food. Make sure to avoid eating food that is salty and oily.
8. Maintain a Healthy Weight – If you are obese or overweight, try to lose weight by maintaining a proper diet and regular exercise. This can greatly lower blood pressure. 
9. Manage Stress – Find a way to reduce stress as much as possible. Learn different coping techniques for stress.
10. Limit Alcohol – Avoid drinking too much alcoholic beverages to prevent experiencing high blood pressure.
11. Valerian Root – Drink a cup of valerian root. It is good for calming the nerves. 
12. Grains – Eat grains like buckwheat, oats, millet, and brown rice.
13. Healthy Juices – Drinks that are only fresh and healthy such as cranberry, citrus fruit, watermelon, carrot, and celery must be taken.
14. Basil Juice – Drink a glass of basil juice with a little honey. It can reduce symptoms of high blood pressure. 
15. Bitter Melon – Include eating bitter melon into the diet. It is good in maintaining normal blood pressure
16. Curry Leaves – Make a juice drink out of curry leaves. Mix 1 cup of water and lime to taste. Do not forget to strain the leaves before drinking it first thing in the morning.