Q: Grandma, I am worried about my hair because it is getting thinner. There is also this bald spot developing on top of my head which is really awful since I am just 21. Perhaps you can share some tips to prevent hair loss.
A: Dear S, Basically, the medical term for hair loss is called alopecia. It is a common condition that can be experienced by men, women and even children. One of the major symptoms of hair loss is the formation of bald spots. This condition can be triggered by underlying causes that include genetics, side effect of medications, chronic infections, diabetes, Lupus erythematosus, chronic stress, scalp infection and other predisposing factors. While determining the real cause of why you are experiencing hair loss, mentioned below are grandma’s good home remedies for hair loss and bald spots that can help hair to re-grow.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR LOSS AND BALD SPOTS
1. Honey and Onion – Mix honey and onion, then massage the mixture into the affected areas, it helps in hair growth.
2. Elephant Tusk and Honey – Heat elephant tusk on a pan, and burn it to ashes, then mix the dusk of the elephant tusk into pure honey to make a paste. Apply it into the bald spot at night and rinse it on the following morning. 
3. Curd and Camphor – Combine the two ingredients in equal amounts and apply it on the areas of hair loss, and allow it to dry for about 2-3 hours.
4. Lime Seeds and Black Pepper – Combine seeds of lime and ground black pepper to make a fine paste. Apply the mixture on a daily basis on the scalp. It is considered as one of many helpful home remedies for hair loss and bald spots.
5. Egg Yolk – Massage your scalp particularly on the affected area with uncooked egg yolk and let it sit for about an hour. Repeat this procedure for better results. 
6. Henna – Apply henna on the scalp and let it stay for one hour. This will require about 10 – 14 days. Before results are seen.
7. Mustard Oil and Henna – Boil some leaves of henna and mix it with mustard oil. Allow it to cool down before massaging into the scalp.
8. Olive Oil – Massage the affected area/s with olive oil before going to bed at night and rinse and gently massage the scalp to promote circulation during the following morning. 
9. Avoid Stress – Stress can worsen the condition, conduct regular exercise to reduce tension and stress.
10. Amla Oil – Boiling dry amla in coconut oil can help create a tonic that can be effective in treating hair loss. Apply it into the scalp overnight and rinse on the following morning.
11. Healthy Diet – Lack of zinc in the diet can result in hair loss and formation of bald spots. Zinc can found be in foods such as whole grains, beans, beef, lamb and nuts. Do not forget to also consider including high-quality protein and dark leafy vegetables in your diet to maintain healthy hair and naturally re-grow loss hair.