Q: Grandma, I’d like to use some protein remedy for my hair, should my hair be wet or dry before applying? Also, can you share some remedies for conditioning hair.
A: Dear J, The ideal way to apply protein remedy is onto dry hair. It allows the protein to be properly distributed from roots to tips. However, make sure your hair is not oily and avoid using hair products before the application. According to some experts, protein remedy/treatment can enhance your hair and treat weak, brittle hair. This remedy will leave your hair smooth, soft, full, and healthy. But, why do you need protein remedies? Chemical treatment, sadly, can be expensive and can damage your hair even more. For example, when dyeing your hair, this method of chemical treatment can reduce 15-20 percent of hair protein.
When talking about nurturing your hair, listed below are other effective home remedies for hair conditioning that you can try.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR CONDITIONING
1. Lemon and Egg – Beat three eggs and put it in the blender. Put 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Then, blend the mixture for a couple seconds and apply it on your damp hair. Let it stay for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it with cool water. 
2. Eat More Protein – Yogurt, beans, meat and fish are all excellent sources of protein, try adding extra protein to your diet.
3. Water – Drinking the sufficient amount of water which is at least 6-8 glasses a day can continue to maintain the health of your hair.
4. Eggs, Olive Oil, Hung Curd, Honey – Begin by beating the eggs in a blender. Once it is creamy put the olive oil and blend it to obtain a creamy consistency. Add curd and honey. After mixing the ingredients, apply the mixture with a brush onto the hair .Make sure to include each and every strand. Cover your hair with aluminum foil and use a shower cap to keep everything in place. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes. Rinse hair with cold water and use your regular conditioner afterwards. 
5. Vegetable Oil – Before putting vegetable oil onto your hair clip off some of its ends to assist the growing process. Apply vegetable oil from the roots straight down to the ends.
6. Avocado and Mayonnaise – Mix two tablespoons of mayonnaise and half of a mashed avocado in a bowl until creamy. Apply the mixture conditioner on your hair concentrating on the ends. For even distribution, make use of a wide tooth comb. 
7. Beer – Rinse your hair with beer. Beer gives bounce and shine to your hair and also aids in combating excessive oil production of the scalp.
8. Aloe Vera – Massage your scalp with Aloe Vera for about 15-20 minutes to get beautiful long hair.
9. Rosemary – Put rosemary leaves in water. Rosemary can leave its extract in the water. This solution can be used as a hair wash.
10. Coconut Milk – Massage your hair with coconut milk and leave it for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse your hair with cold water. This is one of the most effective home remedies for hair conditioning.