Q: Grandma, my hair is thin and i have a hair fall problem.
A: Dear N, there are many possible reasons for hair fall. It is important to know what the cause is because that is the best way to treat falling hair. It can even be caused by certain underlying medical conditions. But, more commonly, hair fall can be triggered by lack of sleep, deficiency of vitamins and minerals, malnutrition, heredity, stress and hormonal imbalance. These causes are especially important in the case of excessive hair fall at a very tender age. This is also a special concern for women.
If the primary cause of hair fall is an illness, medical attention is critical. Otherwise some home remedies for falling hair and shifting to a healthy lifestyle can do the trick. Here are some good ole’ home remedies and suggestions to minimize hair fall.
HOME REMEDIES FOR FALLING HAIR
1. Wash and Massage with Cold water – One of the most effective remedies for hair loss is giving your scalp a massage after washing your hair with cold water till the scalp tingles. This activates the oil gland and pump the blood circulation of your scalp making the hair grow healthy.
2. Coconut Oil – Lime-Juice-Lime Water Mix – Blend refined coconut oil, lime juice and lime water. Use this daily as a treatment for the scalp to prevent hair loss and promote fast hair growth.
3. Juiced Lettuce-Spinach Leaves – This mixture promotes faster growth of hair. Drink ½ liter of this mixture every day.
4. Lime Seeds and Black Pepper – Make a paste and massage balding areas with this concoction.
5. Onion and Honey – Use halved onion to massage the balding spots. Follow this with a massage using honey.
6. Regular Haircuts – Getting a regular haircut can remove the damaged ends of the hair. This helps keep the hair as healthy as possible and grow to its fullest potential.
7. Coconut Milk – You can also massage your scalp using coconut milk or extract. The extract from the coconut can help replenish the lost nutrients of the hair and foster hair growth.
8. Lime – Get rid of your dandruff that can also cause or aggravate falling hair. Use lime as a massage on the scalp. Leave it on for about ten minutes before shampooing and conditioning your hair.
9. Almond Oil – Massage the scalp vigorously using almond oil.
10. Fenugreek Seeds – Soak and grind fenugreek seeds in water. Apply the paste on your scalp and leave it on for about 40 minutes. Rinse with water. Do this for a month.
11. Castor Oil – Almond Oil Mix – These two oils are great home remedies for falling hair. Blend the two oils and massage into your scalp gently. Wrap your hair with a hot towel for better effect. Do this twice a week.
12. Honey and Water – Mix 2-3 drops of honey to a glass of water. Use this as the last step after washing.
13. Keep the hair relaxed – Avoid using clips or bands that unduly stress the hair.
14. Protect the hair from unhealthy elements – Always use protection to cover your hair when going outside. The dust and direct sunlight can damage your hair.
15. Live a healthy lifestyle – Eat iron-rich food such as apples, beetroot and jiggery. Increase fibers in your diet as well foods rich in vitamin E, copper, zinc and vitamin B complex . Get enough sleep, rest.