Q: Grandma, My friends tell me I am pretty except that I have face and neck acne. Kindly give me home remedies that are cheap and natural.
A: Dear N, Do you know that acne is a kind of skin irregularity caused by pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and cysts (red, inflamed patches of skin)? There are different reasons why you are having acne problems. Some of these factors may include hormonal changes, stress, excessive oil production, poor hygiene, and adverse effect of some medications. Acne on face and neck can be embarrassing if left untreated; permanent scarring cause by acne may also be experienced.
Home Remedies for Face and Neck Acne
1. Lemon and Sugar – Mix lemon juice with sugar granules and apply on the face by scrubbing the mixture on the face and neck gently. Lemon juice serve as a cleanser and bleach to remove lighten skin and sugar acts to remove dead skin caused by acne.
2. Mint – Blend fresh mint leaves into a blender and add half glass of water. Put the mint juice all over your face and neck twice a day at least 30 minutes before taking a bath. Mint is known for its great effects in removing acne. It is also one of many safe and effective home remedies for face and neck acne.
3. Garlic – Eating a couple of raw garlic cloves is proven to treat acne on neck and face quickly. This is because the natural component of garlic is composed of anti-biotic properties.
4. Olive oil – Put olive oil on a cotton swab; apply on the face and neck gently. It helps in reducing the progression of acne scars. 
5. Sooji and Milk – Combine milk with sooji to come-up with a paste mixture. Then, dab it into the neck and face, wait for it to dry and rinse with cold water gently. What it does is peel off the dead skin on top of the new skin revealing glowing skin underneath.
6. Aloe Vera – Apply aloe Vera topical solution on the face and neck affected by acne before bed time and rinse it in the morning. It is among several proven safe and effective home remedies for face and neck acne.
7. Water – Drink the required amount of water every day to get rid of the toxins inside the body that can trigger formation of acne in both face and neck. It is also considered one of the safest and most effective home remedies for face and neck acne
8. Mild Soap – Taking a bath or showering at least twice a day with mild soap reduces body oil and removes the build-up of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads which lately may develop into acne.
9. Toothpaste – Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the acne. Toothpaste contains sulfur, which result in drying out of the acne especially the whiteheads. Just make sure to avoid putting large amounts of toothpaste, it only irritates the skin.