Q: Grandma,I am very concerned on how to treat pimples scars or how to remove dry pimples?
A: Dear R, Pimples are common facial problems usually experienced in puberty period. They are caused by the accumulation of sebum beneath blocked skin pores. At times, they get infected and turn swollen. Soon, they become drying pimples that can leave behind unsightly scars, skin discoloration or deep pits, if not treated properly. Scars left behind by pimples are difficult to remove, but there are home remedies that can help to fade them into almost zero visibility.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DRYING PIMPLES
1. Lemon – Mix equal parts of lemon juice extract and rose water. Apply on the face and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing with fresh water. Repeat the process for 15 days. Another way is to rub the lemon skin on face and massage gently then wash with lukewarm water.
2. Orange peel – Grind orange feel and add some water. Mix well to form a paste then apply on affected area.
3. Fenugreek – Make a paste from fresh fenugreek seeds. Apply on the face every night before retiring to bed. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then wash off with warm water.
4. Toothpaste – Apply a small quantity of the toothpaste, not the gel variety, on the drying pimples and leave on to dry. Remove the paste by washing it off with plain water.
5. Papaya – Rub fresh juice of raw papaya on the pimple area.
6. Potato – Peel and grate a raw potato. Use a muslin cloth to contain the grated tomato and tie tightly to make a scrubbing pad. Rub the pad over the face in circular motion for five minutes. Wash the face with plain water. Also, rub potato slices directly on the affected area to remove the blemishes and pimple scar.
7. Cloves – Roast a few pods of cloves and reduce them into powder form. Add a little amount of curd to make a paste. Apply the paste on the pimples and leave on to dry before washing off.
8. Honey – Apply honey in its pure form or fresh lemon juice can be added to clean and heal drying pimples.
9. Tomato – Rub a slice of tomato on pimple blemishes and leave on for 15 minutes then wash off with water.
10. Apple cider vinegar – Apply directly on the face or make a paste by adding baking soda. Wait for the baking soda to dry before rinsing off.
11. Ice – Rub ice cube on the affected area for a week to tighten the pores of the scars and lighten the dark spots.
12. Turmeric root and whole milk – Use a blender in mixing a two inch piece of turmeric root and three tablespoons of whole milk to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water then lather with regular soap.
13. Sandalwood essential oil and rose water – Combine one part sandalwood essential oil and 10 parts of natural rose water. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the blemished area. Leave on the whole night or at least for eight hours. In the morning, wash off with your regular facial cleanser.
14. Camellia oil – Rub a few drops of camellia oil on the face with drying pimples. Massage lightly to allow the skin to completely absorb the essential oil. Repeat twice a day.
15. Yogurt – Make a mask by combining plain yogurt and some drops of fresh lemon juice. To treat a small area, dab a little amount of the mixture on it. For the entire face, apply the mixture generously and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and use a soft cloth to dry off.