Q: Grandma, I have two problems dry and thin hair. I condition it every day and it still feels and looks dry. My hair is now also thinner as caused by dryness. Also, please tell me what I can do to fix this problem.
A: Dear D, When dealing with problems such as dry and brittle hair or thin hair it is wise to remember that washing your hair every day can damage it. This will remove the natural oil which makes the hair stronger. It is also good to not over use flat irons or hair blowers frequently. Aside from these practical tips, there are other safe home remedies that you can use to promote healthy growth of hair.
If you want to arrest the thinning of your hair without spending much, here are some home remedies for dry thin hair.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DRY THIN HAIR
1. Olive oil – Put a handful amount of olive oil in your scalp; massage it lightly. After massaging, slip on a shower cap and leave it on for 45 minutes before rinsing. 
2. Washing – When washing your hair use a shampoo that is specifically formulated to treat dry and brittle hair. It is also wise to wash your hair every other day. Washing your hair everyday can damage your hair by washing away your natural hair oils causing your hair to be more brittle and weak. Over washing also removes your hair’s moisture. 
3. Heat – It is best to naturally dry your hair whenever the opportunity arises. Limit your use of blow dryers and styling tools that involves heat, such as flat irons. This can help avoid your hair become dry and brittle. It is also applicable to use heat protection spray when using styling tools.
4. Vegetable oil and Honey – Mix vegetable oil and honey to a paste substance. This can be used as a moisturizing hair mask. Massage it on the scalp and leave for at least 30 minutes under a shower cap. Then rinse off. This is another good example of a home remedies for dry thin hair. 
5. Egg whites – Use egg whites and leave it on the hair. The nutrients found on the egg white will make you hair instantly shiny and healthy. It is also good to mix egg whites with a few teaspoons of water to use as a substitute shampoo.
6. Coconut milk and flour – Mix a solution of 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of gram flour. Mix until a paste consistency is created. Apply on your scalp and hair. Massage gently and rinse after five minutes. Do this at least once a week. 
7. Egg and milk – Besides a good breakfast, you can use this home remedies for dry thin hair. Beat the egg and it and mix with a cup of skimmed milk until foam is formed. Apply on the hair and scalp and massage thoroughly. Leave it on for at least 5 minutes and rinse. Make this a routine at least twice a week.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar – Make a solution which comprises of ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water. Apply on the scalp and massage thoroughly. Let it sit on your scalp for at least 10 minutes before rinsing. This will help add volume to your hair.
9. Vinegar – Mix a solution of 2 cups of water with ½ cup of vinegar. Use this to massage your scalp and leave it for a few minutes. Before rinsing. You can also add a teaspoon of vinegar in the final hair rinse to treat the dry hair. Vinegar is known to have acidic effects. This can help remove unwanted debris on your scalp.