Q: Dear Grandma, I’m having dizziness all the time when standing or balancing myself. Steadiness on my feet is hard at first when i stand and walk.
A: Dear K, Being dizzy all the time is truly difficult and extremely uncomfortable. In the meantime, if you smoke, it may help if you stop smoking and lay off coffee and alcohol if you take any. A good night’s sleep and deep breathing are known to help alleviate your condition. In addition, Grandma has some remedies for you to try. There is bound to be one or two that will help you get better soon.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DIZZINESS
1. Water – Drink plenty of water. Being dehydrated worsens dizziness. Try drinking a glass of cold water when you feel the onset of dizziness.
2. Juice and clear soup – Try to keep hydrated with water, juice and clear soup. This could be helpful.
3. Ginger – Studies suggest that ginger may even work better than over-the-counter medications. You can take ginger supplements or prepare a ginger tea by adding a half inch piece of ginger root to boiling water.
4. Indian gooseberry – Indian gooseberry is one of the natural home remedies for dizziness. Soak a few pieces in a class of water and drink the water first thing in the morning.
5. Gingko Balboa – The herb ginkgo biloba is known to alleviate dizziness and lightheadedness. This Chinese herb is one of the best known home remedies for dizziness because it improves blood flow to the brain which helps vertigo subside.
6. Black cohosh – Balck cohosh helps to relieve vertigo due to high blood pressure.
7. Pumpkin seed and almonds – Add a few pumpkin seeds, a handful of almonds to three tablespoons of wheat and let everything soak overnight. Add 2 cloves and grind into a paste. Fry this mixture with some butter and add a cup of milk. Let boil then store in a cool place. Drink this regularly for a few days. This is one of the most effective home remedies for dizziness.4]
8. Chamomile tea – Take this to relax nerves, reduce tension and relieve dizziness.
9. Milk and basil – Boil a cup of milk and add 3 basil leaves. With these two you have a good tonic that will help relieve dizziness. Drink this at bedtime.
10. Lemon juice and pepper – Add the juice of 1 lemon and black pepper to a glass of water. This has been known to provide quick relief for dizziness.
11. Cayenne, vinegar, salt, pepper – Add these four ingredients to a cup of water. This will enhance circulation and help relieve dizziness.
12. Garlic root – Boil the root portion of 2 – 3 garlic bulbs in a cup of water. Strain the water and cool. Drink 1 cup daily.
13. Coriander seeds and gooseberry powder – Soak equal quantities of gooseberry powder and coriander seeds in 1 cup water. The next day, strain the mixture, add half a teaspoon of sugar and drink.
14. Lemon, orange, tangerine peels – Mix the peels of lemon, orange and tangerine peels to yogurt. You can zest them if you like. These are effective in treating dizziness.
15. Essential oils of lavender and peppermint – Use essential oils of lavender, peppermint to massage forehead gently. This improves circulation and helps relieve dizziness.