Q: Grandma, There are dark spots on my face- possibly from sun esposure. They seem like dime-sized freckles.What can I do?
A: Dear G, Dark spots on face are common facial problem that most women complain about. There are many causes including sun exposure as the number one reason. Using a concealer may not hide them forever especially if your sun spots look like dime-sized freckles. Instead, you may consider the use of natural remedies to get rid of these unsightly stains forever.
Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Face
1. Lime juice and tomato juice – combine equal portions of lime juice and tomato juice. Apply the mixture on the dark spots and leave it overnight. Wash thoroughly with lukewarm water.
2. Potato – grate raw potatoes until they turn into a paste. Apply as a mask on the face and leave for ten minutes before washing off.
3. Sandalwood – mix sandalwood with rose water. Apply the mixture on the dark spots.
4. Honey and turmeric – mix honey with a little amount of raw turmeric juice. Apply the mixture on the face to help reduce the dark spots.
5. Red onion – grate the red onion and squeeze out the juice. Dab the juice on the skin. After ten minutes, rinse thoroughly.
6. Sour cream – apply sour cream on the face. The lactic acid serves as a peeling agent to help in lightening the dark spots on face.
7. Parsley leaves – grind fresh parsley leaves and mix with two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Use a cotton ball to dab the mixture onto the brown spots. Let it stay for ten minutes before washing off.
8. Sugar – dissolve some amount of sugar in the juice extracted from a lemon. Use a cotton swab to dab the mixture. Rinse off after 30 minutes.
9. Strawberries and apricots – mash the two fruits together to make a paste. Apply on the face and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
10. Pineapple – use a cotton swab to dab pineapple juice on the dark spots.
11. Papaya – rub the inside of the papaya feel on the face. Allow to dry for 15 – 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
12. Chickpeas – mash 1/3 cup of boiled chickpeas with enough water to make a paste. Apply the paste on the dark spots. When the mask dries and begins to crack, rinse off with warm water. Repeat the procedure every day.
13. Almonds – crush almonds coarsely and mix them with one tablespoon of honey. Rub the mixture on the dark spots on face and scrub in circular motion. Let it dry on the face for a few minutes before rinsing.
14. Cucumber – cut the cucumber into small slices. Mix with a teaspoon of lemon juice and grind them together to make a paste. Apply as a facial mask. Leave on the face for 30 minutes before rinsing off.
15. Oatmeal and yoghurt – mix one tablespoon each of oatmeal and yoghurt with the same amount of sour cream and a few drops of lime juice. Massage the face and let the face absorb the mixture for ten minutes before washing off.