Q: Grandma, I have dark pigmentation on neck which prevents me from wearing plunging necklines and other fashionable tops. What do you suggest?
A: Dear P, Skin discoloration on the neck or dark neck is the common problem in which many individuals suffer from, particularly teenagers. This may appear to be dark rings or dark patches encircling the neck. One of the common causes of acquiring skin discoloration is poor hygiene, over exposure to the sun, obesity, excessive sweating, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, diabetes, medication reaction and eczema. One need not worry because there are inexpensive home remedies for dark neck. Kindly see below some cheap and affordable home remedies to get rid of dark neck!
CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE HOME REMEDIES FOR DARK NECK
1. Water – Drinking the required amount of water is the best known home remedy for dark neck; this permits removal of the accumulated toxins absorbed by your body to lighten-up your skin particularly on the neck area.
2. Chickpea Flour – Scrub your neck using chickpea flour before taking a bath, this aids in getting rid of the dead skin which exposes a lighter and more radiant skin.
3. Lemon – Try scrubbing lemon extract on your neck before showering. This can be done by slicing a lemon in half and extracting its juices. This is effective because the acidity of the lemon juice exfoliates the skin getting rid of dead skin, oils and dirt that compose the dark parts of the neck.
4. Cucumber Juice – Pour cucumber juice into your body scrub and start scrubbing the dark spots of your neck gently and thoroughly. The juices of the cucumber get rid of the gathered dead skin that surrounds the neck and allows for a rejuvenated new skin.
5. Dried Orange Peel Powder and Milk – Mix-up the two components to create a thick paste. This is one of the cheaper home remedies for dark neck that is perfect for students on a budget. Rub it on the dark portions of the neck and leave it for 15-20 minutes, then wash with clean water.
6. Aloe Vera Gel – Directly apply a coat of pure aloe Vera gel on the affected areas of the neck. After 15 minutes, wash it with water. The components of aloe Vera gel allows not only for skin lightening, but also lessens the chances of dark spot formation.
7. Almonds – Soak ground almonds into the water overnight then create a paste. Apply the almond paste during bedtime and allow it to dry. Wash or rinse with cold water in the morning.
8. Sunscreen Lotion – Apply sunscreen lotion on the area where the heat of the sun hits. It helps prevent the skin from becoming darker.
9. Potato Juice – Pour potato juice into your body scrub and scrub it on the neck, potato juice is known for its natural bleaching compound and is utilized for skin whitening.
10. Oats – Start grinding oats, then mix it with tomato puree and apply on the neck and scrub gently; rinse it with cold water after. The oats has properties that exfoliate dead skin and revives new skin.
11. Conventional Scrubbing – Utilize a loofah every time you take a bath and make it a regular habit. Loofah alone is the cheapest and affordable home remedy for dark neck; this helps in removing dead skin and decreases dark spots if used daily.