Q: Grandma, I am 27 years old. At my age, dark lines are appearing around my mouth. The lines appear darker on the left side while those at the right side are also starting to get dark. Can you suggest effective home remedies that can truly work to diminish my wrinkle lines away?
A: Dear S, At your age, it is quite early to have dark lines and wrinkles in the face because they normally appear to older people as the skin loses its elasticity. However, the premature aging of the skin can be caused by many reasons including sun exposure, smoking or skin dryness. Taking care of the skin properly is one way of preventing the appearance of these aging signs plus the use of some remedies that can be easily applied at home.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DARK LINES AND WRINKLES
1. Milk and Yogurt – Drench a cotton cloth or face towel in whole or butter milk. Place the cloth over the face and neck until it turns dry. Use warm water in rinsing the face then pat dry. Afterwards, apply a thin layer of plain yogurt then leave on the face for 30 minutes before rinsing again with warm water. Repeat the routine every day.
2. Coffee – Soak a clean cloth into a cup of cooled black coffee without sugar or cream. Dab on the affected area and allow it to dry before washing off with warm water. Do this every day.
3. Papaya – Together with one tablespoon steel-cut oatmeal, make a paste from two tablespoon of papaya flesh to be applied directly to the affected area. Allow to dry on the face for ten minutes before scrubbing off using a damp face towel. Rinse off by splashing with cold water to seal the pores. Perform the treatment procedure once or twice a week.
4. Egg white – Apply egg white mask over the affected area and leave on for 30 minutes to treat dark lines and wrinkles on the face. Avoid any facial movements while the mask is on. Wash off with plain water.
5. Rosemary leaves – In two liters of water, boil ½ cup of rosemary leaves for 30 minutes. Add in ½ cup of brandy and let steep for 25 minutes before straining. Apply the mixture on the face twice a day. Store the remaining concoction in the fridge for future use.
6. Flour and olive oil – Combine two spoons of fine flour and a few drops of olive oil. Apply the paste on the skin and leave on for 30 minutes before washing off with rose water.
7. Cucumber – Use a blender to process cucumber slices. After straining, apply the residue on the face and leave on for half an hour. Wash the face to remove the dried cucumber.
8. Turmeric and sugar cane – Form a paste by combining turmeric and sugar cane juice. Apply the paste to the face and neck. Leave on to dry before removing using a wash cloth. For better result, add in other oils such as olive and coconut oil. Avoid putting the paste in the eyes.
9. Avocado – Mash the flesh of an avocado and apply it all over the face and neck. Leave on for 20 minutes before washing off.