Q: Grandma, I got a perm about a month ago and now after a cut last week, my hair is so matted and frizzy. I don’t know what to do with it? I need more natural solutions for my hair.
A: Dear V, The human hair is very sensitive and requires the utmost care and maintenance or else it will trigger hair damage. Damaged hair can result in dry hair, drab, split, brittle or frizzy hair and ends which are commonly caused by the sun and humidity. However, another cause of hair damage includes over use of hair blowers, curling irons, flat irons and chemical hair applications such as hair colorization or permanent waves.
There are many salon treatments that offer hair restoration, however resorting to natural solutions is an optimal solution. Luckily, below are home remedies for damaged hairs which can assist you get back your natural and beautiful hair back to what it used to be.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DAMAGED HAIR
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – Combine 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Utilize this mixture to wash your hair from roots to tips. Let it stay for 5-8 minutes and rinse with water thoroughly. This will help moisturize damaged hair since apple cider vinegar is very good for treating damaged hair. 
2. Egg and Honey – Combine both the honey and eggs and put the mixture onto the damaged hair. Leave it for at least 10 minutes and then wash it off thoroughly with cold water. This is one of many effective home remedies for damaged hair particular when hair is very dry and frizzy.
3. Olive Oil and Hair Conditioner – Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 6 tablespoons of your best conditioner or conditioning treatment. Mix well, and gently rub onto the hair from root to tip. Let it stay for about 5-8 minutes and rinse it with cold water. 
4. Aloe Vera – Rinse your hair with half a cup of pure Aloe Vera juice after shampooing. Aloe Vera is moisturizing for the hair and assists to promote new hair growth.
5. Beer – Beer is not just for drinking, but leftover beer can be used to treat damaged hair. Beer aids in softening hair and maintaining the pH balance. After this step, you will find your hair is becoming shiny and the frizz will be gone. 
6. Banana and Almond Oil – Mash a banana and add about 5 ml of almond oil. Put it onto your hair and leave it on about 20-30 minutes. Rinse your hair afterward with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
7. Mayonnaise – Apply and spread half a cup of full fat mayonnaise on your hair, make sure to cover from root to tip. Cover your hair with a towel or a shower cap to allow the mayonnaise to sit and moisturize your hair for about 15 minutes. Then rinse and shampoo as normal. 
• When applying the home remedies mentioned above make sure to use towel to dry the hair and prevent using heating hair equipments and hair treating chemicals.
• Proper use of towel – Pat the excess water from the hair with a clean towel, instead of rubbing.