Q: Grandma, I have mice droppings in my kitchen, laundry room, beddroom , and even living room. I need to control these pests. What can I do to get rid of them? Also, how do I handle the clean up of mice droppings? I have to make sure that I don’t get contaminated with any disease that these pests often carry along.
A: Dear S, A mouse preferably attacks during night time. They do their dirty work when the sun has set and the lights are out. Mice are difficult to be spotted during the day unless significant infestation exists. Normally, mice problems are detected with a number of signs that include droppings, little holes, sound, odor and nest. One of the major problems you will experience when mice are lurking in your home is the presence of mice droppings. It is referred to as mouse feces that are characterized as shiny, soft, moist, and dark which will end up dry and hard within a few days.
Listed below are amazing home remedies to clean mice droppings! Hopefully, it can help with your mice droppings problems.
HOME REMEDIES FOR CLEANING MICE DROPPINGS
1. Bleach Solution – Spray bleach solution on the droppings and wait for a few minutes, then remove them with paper towels. Bleach helps disinfect the mice droppings and removes microorganisms too. 
2. Detergent and Bleach – Mix the two components on a bucket of water. Soak a cleaning cloth for about 1-2 minutes and squeeze to remove existing water. Disinfect the mice droppings by wiping the affected area or areas on the usual spot of the mice poop. It is considered as one of the best home remedies to clean up mice droppings.
3. Arrange Cluttered Things – Clean-up clutter and arrange them thoroughly. Make sure to place your things away from any dark places. This is because most mice love to sneak in and leave a souvenir of mice droppings on these areas. If it is possible put your things where it can exposed in sunlight. This way, the mice cannot stay and will hide every morning.
4. Bay Leaves – Sprinkling bay leaves in the kitchen and other affected areas during night time is an effective remedy. It prevents mice from leaving droppings on these areas. 
5. Peanut Butter – Put a trap by utilizing peanut butter as bait. Mice cannot resist checking food or any goodies stored in your home. Peanut butter is sticky so mice are unable to swipe it before the trap sets off.
6. Peppermint – Soak cotton balls in peppermint extract. Put it on the food closet and at areas where you suspect mice are getting in. Mice are repelled by the scent of mint. 
7. Mothballs – Put mothballs where the mice are suspected to be lurking. Mothballs are utilized to stop the mice; this is the main cause of droppings.
8. Onion – The odor of onion has aided people with their mice problem, because the smell pushes them away and prevents them from leaving mice droppings.
9. Hot Pepper – Mix 1 tablespoon of Tabasco, a quarter cup of soap detergent in 1 gallon of water. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and use it as spray repellent. Utilize this repellent in and around any areas that mice run through.
10. Own a Cat – The natural instinct of a cat is to hunt rodents. It is a great solution to prevent mice problems particularly mice droppings.