Q: Grandma, Please tell me why I have chronic bladder infection for a long time now. It never goes away despite medications.
A: Dear R, Bladder infection is common to females compared to men. The reason why persistent bladder infections occur depends on a person’s lifestyle. These factors include excessive eating, poor hygiene, salty foods, inadequate amount of water and such. Based on different studies, fifty to sixty-percent of women who are being treated from bladder infection can experience bladder infection again if they do not strictly follow the advice given by the physician.
HOME REMEDIES FOR CHRONIC BLADDER INFECTION
1. Drink Lots of Water – Drinking water is one of the most essential home remedies for reoccurring bladder infections. It helps removes toxins such as bacteria in the bladder. In addition to that, do not forget to avoid drinking beverages that contain sugar. Bacteria is attracted to sugar, hence it only multiplies bacterial growth inside the body. Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks such as coffee or cola.
2. Cranberry Juice – Drinking cranberry juice is useful for individuals who happen to have reoccurring bladder infection. This also prevents future infections. However, cranberry juice does not cure the current infection.
3. Yogurt – Consume large amount of yogurt, this helps in eliminating bladder infection. Yogurt contains tiny organisms called acidophilus bifidus, which can aid to cure repeated bladder infection.
4. Baking Soda – Add a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water and drink it twice a day. It helps in getting rid of the reoccurring bladder infection. It is because baking soda has the properties that neutralize the infection.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar – Put apple cider vinegar in a bathtub filled with water. After doing so, soak your body for about 10-15 minutes. It is a home remedy for repeated bladder infection that decreases symptoms by relieving pain and treating reoccurring infection.
6. Pineapple – Eating fresh pineapple can help reduce not only urinary tract infection, but bladder infection as well. Pineapple fruit consists of bromelain enzyme; which is great in removing infection.
7. Antibacterial Detergent – Use detergent that can kill and remove bacteria on clothing and use it during laundry. The reoccurring of bladder infection may also be caused by clothes that are dirty or not properly cleaned especially on underwear.
8. Wet Wipes – Use wet wipes after urination especially for women. Wiping technique is done by wiping from the cleanest to the dirtiest area of the body or from front to back.
9. Vitamin C – Eat fruits that contain vitamin c to help the bladder become healthy by allowing the urine to be acidic enough to prevent any infection to develop particularly when there is recurrence of bladder infection. Make sure to eat fresh fruits, not artificial vitamin c juices.
10. Pee after Sexual Intercourse – Do not forget that this is among the most recommended home remedies for reoccurring bladder infections. Urinating after sexual intercourse allows the bacteria to evacuate from the bladder.