Q: Grandma,I have lot of pimple scars all over my face with some stubborn blackheads . Plus, I have some old chicken pox scars. I need help.
A: Dear A, Don’t despair since you are not alone in this problem. The good news is your face can become clear of chicken pox and pimple scars as well as blackheads but you need to be patient. I understand that you are probably frustrated about the whole situation and honestly, it may take a while before you are satisfied with results. In the meantime, your other concern should be preventing new scars and blackheads from coming into the picture. If you can do this while faithfully applying whichever home remedy you choose for yourself, your efforts will be rewarded.
Home Remedies Chicken Pox Scars and Blackheads
1. Pure Raw Honey and Egg Whites – Combine the two ingredients, apply like a mask to your clean face, leave on your skin for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water. This will help you solve your proble with chicken pox and pimple scars as well as blackheads.
2. Grated Raw Organic Potato – Grate one raw organic potato and rub it on your clean damp face for 15 minutes in a circular motion, paying special attention to the areas blackheads form, like the cheeks, nose, and chin. Allow to dry for about 15 minutes then rinse off with warm water.
3. Honey – Apply warm honey to blackheads for 10-15 minutes. Test honey and make sure it is not too warm.
4. Oatmeal and Almond powder – Prepare a paste by mixing rose water with the oatmeal and almond powder. Apply to face and leaver for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
5. Vinegar and Cornstarch – Mix into a paste. Apply to facial area and leave for approximately 15 minutes. As the paste dries, it helps to pull the blackheads to the surface of the skin.
6. Water – Boil 3-4 cups of water. With a towel over your head, sit over the steam and let it work on the blackheads helping to open up the pores and pull them to the surface.
7. Green tea – Make a green tea face scrub. Steep your tea as usual. Mix 1 cup of tea with sugar and honey to make a scrub. Green tea acts as an anti-inflammatory. Do this 2-3 times weekly and you will see your concerns with chicken pox and pimple scars as well as blackheads fade.
8. Egg whites – Beat egg whites and apply to blackheads. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with warm water. Do this daily.
9. Olive Oil – If used every day, this treatment can help lighten scars considerably and gradually reduces their visibility.
10. Lemon Juice – When it comes to reducing the appearance of acne scars on the face, lemon juice is usually very effective. This natural treatment not only brings about a reduction in the scars naturally, but also helps to lighten the skin tone. For maximum effectiveness, the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon should be applied on to the skin and left on for at least 15 to 20 minutes, before it is washed off.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar – This remedy is used for alleviating several skin-related problems, which includes acne scars. Dip a small ball of cotton in the vinegar and apply it on to those parts of the skin where the acne scars are present. After around 10 to 15 minutes rinse the skin with water. This exercise needs to be carried out twice a day.
12. Cucumber – Several spas and salons use this home remedy in lightening skin scars. Cucumber not only soothes the skin inflammation, but also speeds up the healing process. Cut a chilled cucumber into thick slices and apply them on to your skin for around 20 to 30 minutes.
13. Baking Soda – Being a natural cleanser, baking soda can help to relieve many skin conditions, including acne scars. Mix a small amount of baking soda in water, to make a thick paste. Dampen the acne scar-affected skin and apply the paste on it, using circular motions. After around 10 or 15 minutes, rinse the skin with warm water.
14. Sandalwood and rosewater – Make a paste and use as a facial mask. It can be directly applied on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for more than an hour. Wear it overnight if you can.
15. Honey – This is a natural moisturizer that can help in treating acne scars and can be applied as a facial mask. You can also add a few drops of fresh lemon juice.
16. Tomatoes and Cucumbers – A popular way of treating acne scar is to use a face mask made out of tomatoes and cucumbers.These two combined can greatly reduce the visibility of acne scars. Using a tomato and cucumber face mask also tightens the pores of the skin giving it a nice, even texture.
17. Yogurt, oatmeal and lemon juice – Pat the mixture onto acne scars, leave on for 10 minutes, and rinse off.
18. Baking soda – Mix a little baking soda with enough water to make a paste. Apply to your entire face, and let is sit for one to three minutes, remove the baking soda mask by rinsing your face with cool water.
19. Aloe vera gel – Take a small amount of organic aloe vera gel and mix with 2 drops of tea tree oil. Apply to your face until it is completely absorbed.