Q:Grandma, my guide dog has a bladder infection and I cannot get to the vet until morning. Is there anything I can do to ease her discomfort through the night?
A: Dear D, When talking about bladder infection, it is a very common health problem manifested by dogs. It is triggered by the accumulation of bacterial infection in the urinary tract; this is also clinically known as urinary tract infection. Most dogs that suffer from bladder infection do not shows and symptoms you need to watch out for such as : constant licking of the genital area, vomiting, fever, blood in the urine, difficulty of urination, straining and change in the frequency of urination.
One of the responsibilities of being the owner is by helping your canine friend recover from this illness and restore their good health. To do so, try to consider these helpful home remedies for bladder infection in dogs.
HELPFUL HOME REMEDIES FOR BLADDER INFECTION IN DOGS
1. Water – Nothing beats water. Let your dog drink fresh and clean water. It is among many effective home remedies for bladder infection in dogs, this flush out the harmful bacteria. 
2. Cranberry Juice – Serve cranberry juice on your dog’s drink bowl every other day. Cranberry juice can improve the acidity of the urine which can prevent bacteria progression.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar – Mix 1-2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the dog’s meal or on plain yogurt. This remedy contains acetic acid to fight and remove bacterial infection. 
4. Bearberry (Uva Ursi) Tea – Make 2 cups of bearberry tea and let your dog drink it. It is a strong anti-bacterial agent which has useful effects on treating bladder infections. 
5. Frequent Bathing – Make sure to conduct regular bathing schedules for your canine. It removes the bacteria present in the body and flushes them out to prevent from invading the urinary system. 
6. Citrus Juice – Give your dogs lime juice, orange juice, or citrus juice. This can boost the immune system of your dog and at the same time improve the acidity level of your dog’s urine.
7. Cantharis – Take cantharis in a liquid form and mix it with water and let your dog drink the liquid solution. It is home remedy that overpowers the bacteria to promote healthy urine flow. 
8. Detergent and Bleach – Sanitize your dog’s home with detergent, bleach and mix with water. Clean all the corners and floors and make sure to rinse with water and let it dry. Most bladder infections are caused by bacteria that are lurking in your dog’s quarters.
9. Echinacea – Mix Echinacea powder with clean drinking water. It is a home remedy that soothes pain; fights infection, and kills bacteria invasion in the bladder. 
10. Dandelion Root – Combine dandelion root with water and let your dog sip the combined mixture. Dandelion is known to stimulate urine flow, which can also help fight bacteria. 
11. Marshmallow root – It is the herb selected for this purpose. It is safe and is made up of mucilage that coats internal mucous membranes. Furthermore, it is an antimicrobial and stimulates the immune system as well.