Q: Grandma, I am 22 year-old mother of 3 month old baby. After my delivery. I have gained too much weight; hence, and I am very shy to go outside and see my friends because of my body. Please give me some strong solution for weight loss.
A: Dear A, Based on research, the post-pregnancy period also known as the time after giving birth is one of the three periods in a woman’s life where they are at risk for weight gain. Statistically, if women do not lose the extra weight within 6 months after giving birth, she will likely keep those extra pounds, increasing the risk of health complications. 
Usually, weight gain is normal after pregnancy, but if the weight is not properly managed, postpartum weight gain can lead to type 2 diabetes, a chronic and incurable condition that affects the way your body breaks down glucose or sugar. Gaining weight after your pregnancy can also increase your risk for heart disease, and increase the risk of complications in later pregnancies.
Luckily, listed below are grandma’s effective home remedies for post pregnancy weight loss.
HOME REMEDIES FOR POST PREGNANCY WEIGHT LOSS
1. Fruits, Vegetables, and Whole Grain – Focus on eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Foods that are high in fiber such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains can provide you with many important nutrients while helping you feel full longer. This is one of many effective home remedies for post pregnancy weight loss. 
2. Resist Temptation – Learn how to avoid eating greasy food and junk foods. Make it a healthy habit to be surrounded with healthy foods. If unhealthy foods pose too much temptation, keep it out of the house. Junk foods and greasy foods add additional pounds to your weight.
3. Warm Water – Drink warm water after every meal. The warmth of water serve as a fat burning mechanism that cleanse the oil that clogs body and also contribute to weight loss the natural and healthy way.
4. Tomatoes – Eat two tomatoes in the morning on an empty stomach. Tomatoes are low in calories and have zero fat content which helps lose weight.
5. Cabbage – Eating cabbage is ideal for weight loss particularly if you are not nursing your baby. Cabbage ranks very low on calories and is high in fiber. 
6. Exercise – A simple walk around your living room is helpful for weight loss. Exercise is highly recommended. Experts say it can not only aid in reducing weight but also boosts energy and may even prevent risks of postpartum depression.
7. Small Frequent Feeding – Eat smaller portions of your meal. You might want to trade traditional meals for smaller but healthy and more-frequent meals. Avoid skipping meals or limit the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
8. Breastfeeding – Nothing beats the natural way of losing weight. The simplest and most effective way to lose weight after pregnancy is breastfeeding. It allows releasing hormones that helps the uterus return back to its original size. Every time you feed your baby you lose calories.
9. Tea – Drinking green tea allows increased metabolism. Good metabolism helps in faster consumption of thus resulting in weight loss.
10. Water – Make sure to drink at least 8 glasses a day. Water helps remove accumulated toxins and speed up the process of weight loss after pregnancy.